WATT & SHAND #1
Watt & Shand #1
The first in a series of works documenting the transformation of the former Watt & Shand building in Lancaster, PA into a convention center and hotel.
The facade of the historic building was preserved with an elaborate scaffolding, and I was fascinated with the contrast of the Beaux Arts architecture with the new construction as the work progressed. The images are from photographs taken in June, 2008.
Digital prints on cotton, artist-painted and commercial fabrics, machine stitching.
Size: 47"h x 57"w
For Sale: $5,600
- Contemporary Threads, 2012, Marietta Art House, Marietta, PA.
- Structures in Cloth, 2011 - 2012, Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities, Arvada CO; Sangre de Cristo Arts Center, Pueblo CO; and The
- Fort Collins Museum of Art, Fort Collins, CO.
- AQS Lancaster, 2011, Lancaster County Convention Center, Lancaster, PA
- Solo show at the Lancaster Arts Hotel Gallery, 2010, Lancaster, PA.