THE ORGANIC LANDSCAPE
The Organic Landscape
I was inspired by the colors and forms of the plants in my organically-maintained landscape beds at the height of the summer season.
Artist-painted and commercial cotton and silk fabrics, cyanotype, seminole piecework, machine quilted.
Created for the invitational SAQA exhibit Seasonal Palette. Seasonal Palette was one of SAQA's most popular and widely traveled exhibitions. The hardbound catalog of the exhibit is available here.
I made an 38 page Artist Journal detailing my creative process as I made this work, and the Journal was displayed along with the quilt when exhibited. The Journal has been scanned and is available to view on the SAQA website here.
Size: 78"h x 32"w
For Sale: $5,200. The Artist Journal will be included with the quilt.
- Vividly Yours, May 3 - June 16, 2018, Creative York Gallery, York, PA
- Flora, Fauna and Flow, solo show of 30 art quilts, October - December 2017, Olewine Gallery, Ned Smith Center for Nature and Art, Millersburg, PA
- Sue Reno: Life Along the River, Narrative art quilts depicting the Susquehanna River and its environs. 2017 Solo show at the Pennsylvania Arts Experience Gallery, York, PA
- Gerald Ford Museum, Grand Rapids, MI, 2016
- Taiwan International Quilt Exhibition, Tainan City, Taiwan, 2016
- J. Wayne Stark Galleries at Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, 2015
- New England Quilt Museum, Lowell, MA, 2015
- Festival Internacional de Patchwork e Arts Afins, Curitiba, Brazil, 2014
- The Original Creative Festival, Sharonville OH, 2014
- National Quilt Museum, Paducah, KY, 2013
- The Texas Quilt Museum, La Grange, TX, 2013
- International Quilt Festival - Houston TX, 2012; Cincinnati OH, 2013; Long Beach CA, 2013