SKUNK AND GARLIC MUSTARD
Skunk and Garlic Mustard
I smell skunks, and find evidence where they dug in the lawn for grubs, more often than I spot them. For this piece I had the luxury of an entire skunk skeleton to work with, and chose to combine the images with a print of the garlic mustard that runs rampant in my garden and the woods nearby.
Cyanotypes on cotton, heliographic print on silk, artist-painted and commercial silk and cotton fabrics, vintage embroidery, stitching.
Size: 50"h x 51"w
For Sale: $5,300
- Sue Reno: Life Along the River, Narrative art quilts depicting the Susquehanna River and its environs. 2017 Solo show at the Pennsylvania Arts Experience Gallery, York, PA.
- SPUN, NEST Arts Factory, 2016, Bridgeport, CT
- Machine Quilting Unlilmited, Sept./Oct 2015, feature article "Environmental Exploration"
- Process and Product: Quilting Redefined, Sunshine Art+Design Gallery, 2015, Lancaster, PA
- American Quilter Magazine, March 2014 issue
- 35th Annual Contemporary Craft Exhibit, 2014, Mesa Contemporary Arts Museum, Mesa, AZ
- Images 2013, Robeson Gallery, Penn State University, University Park, PA. Award of Merit winner.
- Pushing the Limits 2012, Artspace Gallery, Richmond, VA