SILK MILL #1
Silk Mill #1
The first in a series based on the historic Ashley and Bailey Silk Mill, circa 1899, in Columbia, PA. It was abandoned in the 1970's, and had become a magnificent ruin, partially overtaken by vegetation. These images are from photographs I took at the beginning stages of a renovation that has turned a portion of the building into a tourist attraction.
Screen prints on cotton, digital images on silk, artist-painted and commercial silk and cotton fabrics, machine stitching.
Size: 42"h x 44"w
For Sale: $3,800
- 38th Annual Contemporary Craft Exhibit, 2017, Mesa Contemporary Arts Museum, Mesa, AZ
- SPUN, NEST Arts Factory, 2016, Bridgeport, CT
- Tactile Architecture, International Quilt Festival, 2014, Houston, TX
- Sue Reno - Recent Fiber Works, 2013, Pennsylvania Arts Experience Gallery, York, PA
- New Legacies Contemporary Art Quilts, 2013, Lincoln Center, Ft. Collins, CO
- Images 2012, Robeson Gallery, Penn State University, University Park, PA