This is another work that shows my fascination with gigantic leaves. The two images are life-size prints from leaves of the Royal Paulownia tree, an Asian native that has established itself here.
Cyanotype print on cotton, heliographic print on cotton, patchwork with cottons and Mysore silks, machine stitching, paint, hand beadwork with seed beads and semi-precious stones.
Size: 58"h x 39"w
For Sale: $4,700
- Flora, Fauna and Flow, solo show of 30 art quilts, October - December 2017, Olewine Gallery, Ned Smith Center for Nature and Art, Millersburg, PA
- Fantastic Foliage, solo show, Jonal Gallery, 2010, Columbia, PA
- Nature Quilts, solo show, Isadore Gallery, 2009, Lancaster, PA
- Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza, 2007, Harrisburg PA special exhibit, River Visions
- Quilter's Heritage Celebration, 2007, Lancaster, PA
- Connecting Cultures and Colors: First Kyrgyz-American Quilt Exhibit, 2006, Museum of Fine Art, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
- Fabric of Legacies National Quilt Exhibit, 2006, Ft. Collins, CO