I have been fascinated with the poke plant since childhood. It is a weed I assiduously remove from my flower beds, but I eat the greens in early spring (the mature plant is toxic), and I greatly admire the beauty of the berries in the fall.
Cyanotype on cotton, pieced Mysore silks, hand embroidery, machine stitching, hand beadwork.
Size: 37"h x 53"w
For Sale: $4,100
- How to Decorate and Embellish Your Fabrics, 2012, page 57.
- Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza, 2007, Harrisburg PA, special exhibit "River Visions"
- Celebrate Spring, International Quilt Festival, 2005, Chicago, IL.
- Sacred Threads, 2005, Reynoldsburg, OH
- Pacific International Quilt Festival, 2004, Santa Clara CA.
- Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza, 2004, Ft. Washington, PA, Judge's Choice Award.