This huge perennial plant has a large presence in my garden, where it has been allowed to run a bit wild. I love the shape of the glaucous leaves and the delicacy of the plumes. Capturing its visual impact in a life sized format required a correspondingly substantial quilt.
Cyanotypes on cotton, monoprints on cotton, artist-painted and commercial cotton and silk fabrics, machine stitching, hand beading.
Size: 81"h x 74"w
For Sale: $10,000
- Flora, Fauna and Flow, solo show of 30 art quilts, October 3 - December 31, 2017, Olewine Gallery, Ned Smith Center for Nature and Art, Millersburg, PA
- "Sue Reno - Recent Fiber Works", 2013, Pennsylvania Arts Experience Gallery, York, PA
- Quilting Arts Magazine, feature article "The Botanist's Delight", Oct./Nov. 2013 issue.
- The Quilt Life magazine, illustration, August 2012 issue.
- AQS Lancaster, March 14-17, 2012, Lancaster, PA
- Quilts=Art=Quilts, 2011, Schweinfurth Memorial Center for the Arts, Auburn, NY
- Images 2010, Robeson Gallery, Pennsylvania State University at University Park, PA. Awarded Honorable Mention.