The leaves were gathered in early November, just before they fell, and show the ravages of weather and insects. Pawpaws, the northern most representative of a tropical family of trees, grow wild in Lancaster County, PA, usually near streams, and bear large edible fruits that taste like banana custard.
Cyanotype on silk, vintage embroidery, silk, hemp, wool, and corduroy fabrics, machine stitching, and hand beadwork with seed beads and semi-precious stones..
Size: 40"h x 42"w
- 1000 Artisan Textiles, 2010, page 277.
- "Nature Quilts", solo show, Isadore Gallery,2009, Lancaster, PA.
- Quilter's Heritage Celebration, 2008, Lancaster, PA
- Pennsylvania Arts Experience exhibit, 2007, Lynden Gallery, Elizabethtown, PA
- Quilt Odyssey, 2007, Hershey, PA
- Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival, 2007, Hampton, VA