FIVE DAYS LAST FALL
Five Days Last Fall
In the fall of 2003 there was a streak of spectacular, summer-like weather. Each day while it lasted, I found some foliage that had not yet been frosted and made a cyanotype on cotton or silk. This work is a tribute to finding beauty in unexpected ways.
Cyanotypes on silk and cotton, Seminole-style patchwork, machine stitching, hand beadwork with seed beads and semi-precious stones.
Size: 63"h x 86"w
For Sale: $8,000
- Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza, 2007, Harrisburg PA special exhibit "River Visions"
- Quilts=Art=Quilts, 2006, Schweinfurth Memorial Art Center, Auburn NY
- Quilter's Heritage Celebration, 2006, Lancaster, PA, Honorable Mention Award.
- AQS Quilt Exposition, 2005, Nashville, TN
- Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival, 2005, Hampton, Virginia
- Quilter's Newsletter Magazine, issue #385, 2006